- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Bike Along the Strand: Spend the day on this 22-mile paved path, also known as the South Bay Bike Trail, that stretches from Santa Monica to Rendondo Beach.
Watch the Sun Set Over the Pacific in Malibu: Either cliffside or parked on beach blanket, the view will stay fixed in your mind as a trip highlight.
Spend the Day at Santa Monica Pier: A fun family day or a night out, the pier's appeal is its Ferris wheel, carousel, fair food, and games galore.
Catch the Mellow Vibe in Venice Beach: Stroll along the canals, shop and grab an all-organic lunch on Albert Kinney, or watch tanned locals in tie-dye toting longboards.
Take a Surfing Lesson: The sport is said to have started on Redondo Beach in the early 1900s—learn how to hang 10 from several great schools along the coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's