- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
This handsome restaurant comes alive with personality the minute you walk through its oversize rustic wooden door. There are long communal tables, hanging light fixtures that soften the room and make it glow, and an outdoor patio. The menu is smart and seasonal with small plates, cheese and charcuterie, pastas, and pizza. Begin with a mushroom, goat cheese, and truffle oil pizza, heirloom spinach salad, mussels with chorizo, or grilled squid with lentils and salsa verde. For the main course, there's the duck leg confit or the Niman Ranch hanger steak with watercress salsa verde. Typically crowded and noisy, the outdoor patio is the spot. However, service is not on par with the setting.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more