- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Italian Hall Building
Italian Hall Building Review
This landmark isn't open to the public, but it's noteworthy because its south wall bears an infamous mural. Famed Mexican muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros shocked his patrons in the 1930s by depicting an oppressed worker of Latin America being crucified on a cross topped by a menacing American eagle. The anti-imperialist mural was promptly whitewashed but was later restored by the Getty Museum.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
I'm going to be in Cleveland, OH for the Gay Games in August 2014 (gg9cle.com) and then making my way back to Sydney via the West Coast of the USA.
I'm an ardent yachtie (I'll be sailing in the Gay Games) Read more
· News & Features
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Arts and culture are celebrated as much as the world-class beaches in St.... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more