- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Dockweiler State Beach
Dockweiler State Beach Review
The longest (4-mi) strip of beach in the county, Dockweiler has almost all the makings of a perfect beach: RV park, playground, separate bike trail, bonfire pits, mild surf, nice sand. If only the planes from LAX weren't taking off directly overhead and factories weren't puffing out fumes right behind you. But if you don't mind that, you'll find plenty of room to spread out. An additional bonus is the hang-gliding facility (right in front of the water-treatment plant). Contact Windsports International (818/367–2430 www.windsports.com); $120 will get you a full lesson with equipment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more