- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Los Angeles Zoo
Los Angeles Zoo Review
A short drive from downtown Los Angeles at the junction of the Ventura Freeway (Highway 134) and the Golden State Freeway (I–5) is the 80-acre Los Angeles Zoo. You'll need good walking shoes for this as distances are compounded by plenty of construction detours. You'll see tigers, lions, and bears along with a few endangered species such as the California condor and a trio of Sumatran tiger cubs born in June 2007. The zoo's newest exhibit – "Elephants of Asia" – opened in 2010 with three elephants in an elaborate 3.8-acre enclosure of sand, grassy hills, and waterfalls.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more