- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Bar Pintxo Review
Inspired by his trips to Spain, chef Joe Miller (of Joe's restaurant in Venice) opened this lively, warmly appointed tapas bar. In the Basque region, tapas are called pintxos, and this narrow slice of the Iberian Peninsula carries the spirit of the genuine article, despite having a view of the Pacific—the Bay of Biscay would be more appropriate—and being occupied by SoCal surfer dudes and struggling screenwriters taking advantage of the good values. Sip a glass of Albariño or sangría while snacking on croquetas de pollo y jamón, morcilla (blood sausage), or paprika-laden chorizo with fried quail eggs. A bowl of Andalusian gazpacho is perfect on a hot California evening.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more