- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
L.A. Live / Nokia Theater
L.A. Live / Nokia Theater Review
Filling the void that was a no-man's-land except for the legendary Staples Center sports arena, enter the mammoth L.A. Live/Nokia Center to enjoy an evening of entertainment without driving all over town—a rare occurrence in Los Angeles!
The first thing that you'll notice as you emerge from the parking lots is the giant LED screens and sparkling lights. But there's also a happy buzz here as people head out to dinner before or after a sporting event, award ceremony, or concert at the Nokia.
For a unique experience head to the wildly entertaining interactive Grammy Museum—a space that brings the music industry's history to life; there's the Conga Room, a Latin-focused nightclub owned by Jimmy Smits, Jennifer Lopez, and Paul Rodriquez; hipster Lucky Strike bowling lanes complete with a café, bar, and billiard tables; the 14-screen Regal Cinemas; and in winter, an ice-skating rink.
There are also more than 10 restaurants and eateries here including Los Angeles favorite Katsuya, the spot for sizzling Kobe beef platters and sushi so good it's addictive (the crab rolls are not to be missed). If you're enjoying yourself so much you hate to leave, the JW Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Spa and Ritz-Carlton Residences are adjacent to the property. And for a bit of L.A. glitz and glamour, know that this venue is home to various award shows including the Emmy and ESPY awards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $165 & up -- The Standard Downtown LA, Save 35% Expedia
- $8.87 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel — $189-$209 Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- $116 -- Los Angeles: 4-Star Hollywood Hotel — $116 Hotwire.com
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more