- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
Millennium Biltmore Hotel Review
The "wow" factor hits you as soon as you walk in the door. Dripping in Italian Renaissance style, the Biltmore's ornate details, frescoes, and golden columns are truly luxe. You might get a crick in your neck from admiring the magnificence of the ceilings alone.
Opened in 1923, a creation of the architecture firm Schultze and Weaver, which also built New York City's Waldorf-Astoria, the Biltmore is a registered historical landmark and has served presidents, royalty, and celebrities alike.
The Academy Awards were held here in the 1930s and '40s, and the hotel has also been seen in many films and TV shows, including Chinatown. These days, the hotel really kicks into high glamour for the holidays with special dinners, a traditional afternoon holiday tea, and New Year's bash.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My friends and I from Germany will be traveling to Los Angeles, California, in March and April. However, we will not have a car (too young to rent). We would like to visit Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more