- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chinese American Museum
Chinese American Museum Review
In the El Pueblo Plaza adjacent to Olvera Street, you might think this museum should feature Mexican-American art. But in actuality, it's in the last surviving structure of the L.A.'s original Chinatown, although it illustrates a commonality with the Hispanic experience in that it documents the lives of immigrants who settled here.
Three floors of exhibits offer a range of displays that explore the different cultures, as well as how people set up shops and paved the way for what is now the vibrant and varied Chinatown district. Rotating exhibits feature the work of Chinese-American fine artists. Note that an expansion is in the works and is slated to be completed in 2012.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My friends and I from Germany will be traveling to Los Angeles, California, in March and April. However, we will not have a car (too young to rent). We would like to visit Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more