- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Bunker Hill Steps
Bunker Hill Steps Review
Threading a peaceful path through Downtown's urban towers, a fountain stream spills down the center of this monumental staircase designed by Lawrence Halprin. Its quiet beauty is reminiscent of Rome's Spanish Steps (albeit more narrow). The stream originates at the top of the stairs where Robert Graham's nude female sculpture Source Figure stands atop a cylindrical base. The figure's hands are open, as if to offer water to the city.
If you're not inclined to walk up, hop on the escalator parallel to the stairs. Halfway up there's a coffeehouse where you can fortify yourself before tackling the remaining climb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more