- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- large, gorgeous lobby
- direct access to California Adventure
- the self-parking lot is across the street from the hotel
- standard rooms are on the small side
Check Rates from our Partners
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Review
The most opulent of Disney's Anaheim hotels, this Craftsman-style luxury property has guest rooms with views of the California Adventure park and Downtown Disney. They don't push the Disney brand too heavily; rooms are done in dark woods with amber-shaded lamps and just a small Bambi image on the shower curtain. Restaurants include the Napa Rose dining room and Storytellers Cafe, where Disney characters entertain children at breakfast. Of the three pools, the one shaped like Mickey Mouse is just for kids, plus there's an evening child activity center and portable cribs in every room. Room-and-ticket packages are available; hotel guests can enter one of the parks an hour early every day. The Mandara spa has a couple's suite with Balinese-inspired art and textiles. The 50 popular Disney Vacation Club villas have full kitchens, balconies or patios, and laundry facilities. Fodorites vouch for the hotel as an experience well worth the expense.
- Address: 1600 S. Disneyland Dr., Anaheim, CA 92802 | Map It
- Phone: 714/635–2300; 714/956–6425 reservations
- Website: disneyland.disney.go.com/grand-californian-hotel
- Location: Disneyland Resort
- 904 rooms, 44 suites, 50 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
We are a family of 4 (2 boys, aged 10 & 8) coming to the US mid-March 2014, for 4wks. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more