- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
Set aside most of a day for the Huntington—in summer, visit the gardens in the morning to avoid the midday heat. Keep in mind that many museums are closed Monday, though the Norton Simon and the Huntington are closed Tuesday.
If you want to see the Descanso Gardens, start early and see them first. Otherwise, get a late-morning or early-afternoon start to see the important architectural sights on this tour, saving Old Pasadena for last since it offers an outstanding evening street scene. Shops and restaurants stay open late in this relatively safe neighborhood, and it's easy to find parking in nearby garages.
A stop at the Gamble House shouldn't take more than an hour, leaving plenty of time for an afternoon visit to the Norton Simon Museum. Unless you're planning on seeing a game or hitting the flea market, you will probably want to skip the Rose Bowl.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe