- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
Plan to spend the better part of a morning or afternoon taking in Hollywood, including seeing Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Walk of Fame.
Hollywood Boulevard sometimes attracts a rough collection of homeless people and runaways; if you've got children in tow, stick to a daytime walk.
Later in the evening, you can return to Hollywood for a cabaret performance at the Roosevelt Hotel's Cinegrill, a movie at the El Capitan or the fabulous ArcLight, or a summertime concert at the Hollywood Bowl.
Expect to spend most of a day at Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk; studio tours at NBC and Warner Bros. last up to two hours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $116 & up -- Anaheim Hotels near Disney, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $8.97 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $189 -- 4-Star Hotel in Downtown L.A., Save 45% — $189 Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel