- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The good news is that freeways 5, 101, 110, and 10 all get you there—but the bad news is that the traffic can be horrendous. If you're coming from the Los Feliz/Silver Lake area, skip the freeways altogether and take Sunset Boulevard, which turns into César Chávez Boulevard. Make a right on South Grand Avenue, and after a few blocks you'll be in the heart of Downtown. If you're coming directly from LAX, take the 105 E to the 110 N exit to the 6th Street/9th Street exit toward Downtown/Convention Center/Figueroa Street.
If staying at a hotel downtown with a garage, keeping your car there and getting around by foot, cab, or even the metro is a better option than driving. If you must take your car, there are several options including lots and street parking, the latter being less convenient and ideal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's