- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Downtown Los Angeles
Visit Frank Gehry's Walt Disney Concert Hall. Be wowed by the genius architecture and grab tickets for a performance led by passionate conductor Gustavo Dudamel.
See a Lakers Game. Catch the action at the Staples Center and possibly rub elbows with stars such as Jack Nicholson and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Get Interactive at the Grammy Museum. Set your inner Rock God free playing virtual drums or learn about folk music from Bob Dylan at this highly interactive museum.
Take an Historic Walking Tour. The L.A. Conservancy offers several tours, such as of Olvera Street, where you can see traditional Mexican culture, eat, and shop for hand-crafted wares.
Soar Sky High at the Bonaventura Hotel. Sure, it's a bit retro, but the restaurant rotates and offers a stunning view. Then have a cocktail in a Hollywood Golden Age setting at The Edison.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe