- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Saving Time and Money
If you plan to visit for more than a day, you can save money by buying three-, four-, and five-day Park Hopper tickets that grant same-day "hopping" privileges between Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. You get a discount on the multiple-day passes if you buy online through the Disneyland Web site.
A one-day Park Hopper pass costs $101 for anyone 10 or older, $91 for kids ages 3-9. Admission to either park (but not both) is $76 or $68 for kids 3-9; kids 2 and under are free.
In addition to tickets, parking is $15-$20 (unless your hotel has a shuttle or is within walking distance), and meals in the parks and at Downtown Disney range from $10 to $30 per person.
If you're staying in a hotel near the park, ask if any discount packages are available when you book.
If you think you'll only need a few hours at Knott's Berry Farm, you can save money by coming after 4 pm, when admission fees drop to $28. This deal is offered any day the park is open after 6.
A full-day pass for adults is $56.99; Southern California residents pay $46.99 and children three and older, up to 48 inches tall, are $24.99. Tickets can be purchased online and printed out ahead of time, to avoid waiting in line.
In addition to tickets, you'll need to pay $12 for parking. Meals are about $10-$14 per person. The Laser Tag attraction is an extra $10, and the Big Swing ride is an additional $5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe