When to Go in Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm
When to Go
Beat the crowds and the heat by visiting in winter, spring, or fall. School holidays and the entire spring break window of late March and April can also be mobbed.
Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure are open daily, 365 days a year; hours vary, depending on the season, but typically Disneyland opens at 8 am and Disney's California Adventure at 10 am.
Guests at Disney hotels and those with a multiple-day Park Hopper pass are often allowed in an hour ahead of the official opening time. Disneyland stays open as late as midnight on weekends and in summer, but it's always a good idea to check the Web site or call ahead.
Knott's Berry Farm is open daily. Hours vary—call ahead to check—but it's usually open from 10 am to between 5 and 8 on weeknights and until midnight on weekends.
You can see the park in a day, but plan to start early and finish fairly late. Traffic can be heavy, so factor in time for delays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's