Planning Your Time in Beverly Hills and the Westside
Planning Your Time
Museums open between 10 and noon. LACMA is open Monday but closed Wednesday and has extended hours into the evening, closing at 8 (9 on Friday). The other museums are closed on Monday (except the Page).
Set aside a day to do this entire tour: an hour or two for the Farmers Market and The Grove, four hours for the museums, and an hour for the Wilshire Boulevard sights.
After a drive along Sunset Boulevard and a foray into the hills to see opulent homes, plan to arrive in the Golden Triangle of Beverly Hills at midday. Most stores open by 10 or 11, with limited hours on Sunday. (Some close on Sunday or Monday.)
Advance reservations are not essential but are recommended for visits to the Museum of Tolerance, closed Saturday, and the Getty Center, closed Monday—so plan accordingly. Each museum merits at least a half day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's