Basketball in Los Angeles
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
L.A.'s pro basketball teams play at the Staples Center (1111 S. Figueroa St., Downtown 213/742-7340 box office www.staplescenter.com).
Los Angeles Lakers. See where Magic Johnson once strutted his stuff. It's not easy to get tickets, but if you can, don't miss the chance to see this championship-winning team—especially if the Lakers are playing their rivals, the Boston Celtics. STAPLES Center, 1111 S. Figueroa St., Downtown, Los Angeles, CA. 310/426–6000. www.nba.com/lakers.
Clippers. L.A.'s "other" team, the much-maligned but newly revitalized Clippers, sells tickets that are sometimes cheaper and easier to get than those for Lakers games. 888/895–8662. www.nba.com/clippers.
Los Angeles Sparks. After the 2010 retirement of WNBA superstar Lisa Leslie, the Los Angeles Sparks have put the spotlight on forward Candace Parker. 310/426–6031. www.wnba.com/sparks.
University of Southern California. The Trojans of the University of Southern California play at Galen Center.) 213/740-4672. usctrojans.cstv.com.
University of California at Los Angeles. The University of California at Los Angeles Bruins play at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus. 310/825-2101. uclabruins.collegesports.com.
These schools go head-to-head in Pac 10 competition.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's