Park headquarters and the Loomis Museum are both fully accessible to those with limited mobility. The Devastated Area interpretive trail is accessible, as are most ranger programs.
Admission Fees and Permits
The $10 fee per car covers seven days. Those entering by bus, bicycle, horse, motorcycle, or on foot pay $5. There's also a $25 annual park pass that also covers Whiskeytown NRA. For backcountry camping, pick up a free wilderness permit at the Loomis Museum or north and south entrance ranger stations, or download one at www.nps.gov/lavo.
The park is open 24/7, year-round. It is in the Pacific time zone.
Cell phones don't work in many parts of the park. There are telephones at the Manzanita Camper Store and the Loomis Plaza.
In case of a fire or medical emergency, dial 911. To contact the park headquarters, call 530/595-4444.
Park Contact Information
Lassen Volcanic National Park Headquarters. Lassen Volcanic National Park Headquarters 38050 Rte. 36 E, P.O. Box 100, Mineral, CA, 96063. 530/595-4444. www.nps.gov/lavo.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $155 -- 1-BR Condo at Lake Tahoe Mountain Resort, 50% Off Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
- $69 & up -- Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, up to 40% Off Blue Man Group