- Hike a volcano The 2½-mile trek up Lassen Peak rewards you with a spectacular view of far northern California.
- Spot a rare bloom The Lassen Smelowskia, a small white-to-pinkish flower, grows only in Lassen Volcanic National Park, mainly on Lassen Peak.
- View volcano varieties All four types of volcanoes found in the world—shield, plug dome, cinder cone, and composite—are represented in Lassen Volcanic National Park.
- Listen to the earth The park's thumping mud pots and venting fumaroles roil, gurgle, and belch a raucous symphony from beneath the earth's crust.
- Escape the crowds Lassen, in sparsely populated far northern California, is one of the least-visited national parks.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More