- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Greyhound stops in Sacramento, Truckee, and Reno. BlueGO ($2 per ride) provides year-round local service in South Lake Tahoe, Nifty 50 Trolley service to parks and other attractions during summer. On the north shore, Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART; $1.75) operates buses between Tahoma and Incline Village and runs shuttles to Truckee. RTC RIDE buses ($2) serve the Reno area. All local rides require exact change.
In winter, BlueGO provides free ski shuttle service from South Lake Tahoe hotels and resorts to various Heavenly Mountain ski lodge locations. Most of the major ski resorts offer shuttle service to lodgings near them.
Greyhound (800/231–2222. www.greyhound.com.)
BlueGO (530/541–7149. www.tahoetransportation.org/southtahoe.)
RTC RIDE (775/348–7433. www.rtcwashoe.com.)
Tahoe Area Regional Transit (TART) (530/550–1212 or 800/736–6365. www.placer.ca.gov/departments/works/transit/tart.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's