- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The nearest airport to Lake Tahoe is Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO), in Reno, 50 miles northeast of the closest point on the lake. Airlines serving RNO include Alaska, American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways. These airlines plus Frontier, Hawaiian, and JetBlue serve Sacramento International Airport (SMF), 112 miles from South Lake Tahoe. North Lake Tahoe Express runs buses ($40 one way, $75 round-trip) between RNO and towns on the lake's western and northern shores, plus Incline Village, Truckee, and Squaw Valley. South Tahoe Express runs buses ($27.50 one-way, $49 round-trip) between Reno-Tahoe Airport and resort hotels in the South Lake Tahoe area.
Reno–Tahoe International Airport (2001 E. Plumb La., off U.S. 395/I–580, Exit 65B, Reno, NV, 89502. 775/328–6400. www.renoairport.com.)
Sacramento International Airport (6900 Airport Blvd., 12 miles northwest of downtown off I–5, Sacramento, CA, 95837. 916/929–5411. www.sacramento.aero/smf.)
North Lake Tahoe Express (866/216–5222. www.northlaketahoeexpress.com.)
South Tahoe Express (775/325–8944 or 866/898–2463. www.southtahoeexpress.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's