- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
At a Glance
- gorgeous, rustic setting
- nearest nightlife is 20 miles away
Check Rates from our Partners
Sorensen's Resort Review
Escape civilization by staying in a log cabin at this woodsy 165-acre resort within the Eldorado National Forest, 20 minutes south of town. You can lie on a hammock beneath the aspens or sit in a rocker on your own front porch. All but three of the cabins have a kitchen and wood-burning stove or fireplace. Some cabins are close together, and the furnishings aren't fancy (think futons as sofas), but there's a wonderful summer-camp charm about the place that makes it special. There are also five modern homes that sleep six. The resort sits on the edge of the highway, which allows it to stay open in winter—a boon for skiers—but in summer, request a cabin away from the road. Pets are allowed in some rooms at no extra charge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
This alpine lake resort, set within easy striking distance of several Californian cities, feels very much ... Read more
Lake Tahoe is a year-round destination, to be sure.... Read more
Escape the hustle and bustle with a fall weekend trip to stunning Lake Tahoe.... Read more