- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
PlumpJack Café Review
The best restaurant in the entire Tahoe Basin is the epitome of discreet chic and a must-visit for serious foodies. The menu changes seasonally, but look for roasted quail in an orange sauce, crispy sweetbreads, and butter-poached lobster tail. Rather than complicated, heavy sauces, the chef uses simple reductions to complement a dish. The result: clean, dynamic, bright flavors. The wine list is exceptional for its variety and reasonable prices. A less expensive but equally adventurous menu, including lunch, is served at the bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
This alpine lake resort, set within easy striking distance of several Californian cities, feels very much ... Read more
Lake Tahoe is a year-round destination, to be sure.... Read more
Escape the hustle and bustle with a fall weekend trip to stunning Lake Tahoe.... Read more