- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The entrance to the Pope-Baldwin Recreation Area is on the east side of Emerald Bay Road. In summer, BlueGO's Nifty 50 Trolley serves the area from South Lake Tahoe. From the northern and western communities, take a TART bus to Tahoma and transfer to the trolley. The area is closed to vehicles in winter, but you can cross-country ski here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's