Lake Tahoe Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Lake Tahoe
The lake: Blue, deep, and alpine pure, Lake Tahoe is far and away the main reason to visit this high Sierra paradise.
Snow, snow, snow: Daring black-diamond runs or baby-bunny bumps—whether you're an expert, a beginner, or somewhere in between, there are many slopes to suit your skills at the numerous Tahoe-area ski parks.
The great outdoors: A ring of national forests and recreation areas, linked by miles of trails make Tahoe a nature-lover's paradise.
Dinner with a view: You can picnic lakeside at state parks or dine in restaurants perched along the shore.
A date with lady luck: Whether you want to roll dice, play the slots, or hope the blackjack dealer goes bust before you do, you'll find round-the-clock gambling at the casinos in Reno and on the Nevada side of the lake.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe