Lake Tahoe Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Lake Tahoe
The lake: Blue, deep, and alpine pure, Lake Tahoe is far and away the main reason to visit this high Sierra paradise.
Snow, snow, snow: Daring black-diamond runs or baby-bunny bumps—whether you're an expert, a beginner, or somewhere in between, there are many slopes to suit your skills at the numerous Tahoe-area ski parks.
The great outdoors: A ring of national forests and recreation areas, linked by miles of trails make Tahoe a nature-lover's paradise.
Dinner with a view: You can picnic lakeside at state parks or dine in restaurants perched along the shore.
A date with lady luck: Whether you want to roll dice, play the slots, or hope the blackjack dealer goes bust before you do, you'll find round-the-clock gambling at the casinos in Reno and on the Nevada side of the lake.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $155 -- 1-BR Condo at Lake Tahoe Mountain Resort, 50% Off Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
- $69 & up -- Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, up to 40% Off Blue Man Group