Sports and the Outdoors in Lake Tahoe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Tahoe Whitewater Tours. If you want to kayak or inner-tube the white-water course through downtown or outside town, call this company, which provides guided trips, instruction, and rentals for do-it-yourselfers. 400 Island Ave., Reno, NV, 89505. 775/787–5000 or 800/442–7238. www.gowhitewater.com.
Sierra Adventures. Rent bicycles as well as kayaks from this outfitter, which also conducts guided rafting trips. 11 N. Sierra St., # 101, Reno, NV, 89501. 775/323–8928 or 866/323–8928. www.wildsierra.com.
Lake Ridge Golf Course. This course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., takes advantage of views of downtown Reno and the beautiful surrounding mountains. The signature 15th hole is set 140 feet above a lake; the green is on an island below. All rates include a golf cart. The lowest fee is $45 after 2:30 pm every day. 1218 Golf Club Dr., off Plumas St., Reno, NV, 89509. 800/815–6966 or 775/825–2200. lakeridgegolf.com. Course: 18 holes. 6,141 yds. Par 71. Slope 130. Greens fees: $75/$85. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, golf lessons, restaurant, bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe