Sports and the Outdoors in Lake Tahoe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Tahoe Whitewater Tours. If you want to kayak or inner-tube the white-water course through downtown or outside town, call this company, which provides guided trips, instruction, and rentals for do-it-yourselfers. 400 Island Ave., Reno, NV, 89505. 775/787–5000. www.truckeewhitewaterrafting.com. From $70.
Sierra Adventures. Rent bicycles as well as kayaks from this outfitter, which also conducts guided rafting trips and snow adventures. 11 N. Sierra St., # 101, Reno, NV, 89501. 775/323–8928 or 866/323–8928. www.wildsierra.com. From $59.
Lake Ridge Golf Course. This course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., takes advantage of views of downtown Reno and the beautiful surrounding mountains. The signature 15th hole is set 140 feet above a lake; the green is on an island below. All rates include a golf cart. The lowest fee is $45 after 2:30 pm every day. 1218 Golf Club Dr., off Plumas St., Reno, NV, 89519. 800/815–6966 or 775/825–2200. www.lakeridgegolf.com. $75 for weekdays, $85 for weekends. 18 holes, 6141 yards, par 71.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's