- The lake Blue, deep, and alpine pure, Lake Tahoe is far and away the main reason to visit this high Sierra paradise.
- Skiing Daring black-diamond runs or baby-bunny bumps—whether you're an expert, a beginner, or somewhere in between, there are many slopes to suit your skills at the numerous Tahoe-area ski parks.
- The great outdoors A ring of national forests and recreation areas linked by miles of trails makes Tahoe excellent for nature lovers.
- Dinner with a view You can picnic lakeside at state parks or dine in restaurants perched along the shore.
- A date with lady luck Whether you want to roll dice, play the slots, or hope the blackjack dealer goes bust before you do, you'll find round-the-clock gambling at the casinos on the Nevada side of the lake and in Reno.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More