- The lake Blue, deep, and alpine pure, Lake Tahoe is far and away the main reason to visit this high Sierra paradise.
- Skiing Daring black-diamond runs or baby-bunny bumps—whether you're an expert, a beginner, or somewhere in between, there are many slopes to suit your skills at the numerous Tahoe-area ski parks.
- The great outdoors A ring of national forests and recreation areas linked by miles of trails makes Tahoe excellent for nature lovers.
- Dinner with a view You can picnic lakeside at state parks or dine in restaurants perched along the shore.
- A date with lady luck Whether you want to roll dice, play the slots, or hope the blackjack dealer goes bust before you do, you'll find round-the-clock gambling at the casinos on the Nevada side of the lake and in Reno.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More