Joshua Tree National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Joshua Tree National Park
Rock climbing: Joshua Tree is a world-class site with challenges for climbers of just about every skill level.
Peace and quiet: Savor the solitude of one of the last great wildernesses in America.
Stargazing: You'll be mesmerized by the Milky Way flowing across the dark night sky. For spectacular natural fireworks, visit in mid-August during the Perseid meteor shower and watch shooting stars streak overhead.
Wildflowers: In spring, the hillsides explode in a patchwork of yellow, blue, pink, and white.
Sunsets: Twilight is a special time here, especially during the winter, when the setting sun casts a golden glow on the mountains.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's