Joshua Tree National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Joshua Tree National Park
Rock climbing: Joshua Tree is a world-class site with challenges for climbers of just about every skill level.
Peace and quiet: Savor the solitude of one of the last great wildernesses in America.
Stargazing: You'll be mesmerized by the Milky Way flowing across the dark night sky. For spectacular natural fireworks, visit in mid-August during the Perseid meteor shower and watch shooting stars streak overhead.
Wildflowers: In spring, the hillsides explode in a patchwork of yellow, blue, pink, and white.
Sunsets: Twilight is a special time here, especially during the winter, when the setting sun casts a golden glow on the mountains.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $149 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort incl. $100 Daily Credit Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa
- $89 & up -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
- $123-131 -- All-Suite Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast — $123-$131 Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort Area