Horseback Riding in Joshua Tree National Park
More than 200 mi of equestrian trails are gradually being added as part of a backcountry and wilderness management plan at Joshua Tree, and visitors are welcome to bring their own animals. Trail maps are available at visitor centers. Ryan and Black Rock campgrounds have designated areas for horses and mules.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe