- Rock climbing Joshua Tree is a world-class site with challenges for climbers of just about every skill level.
- Peace and quiet Savor the solitude of one of the last great wildernesses in America.
- Stargazing You'll be mesmerized by the Milky Way flowing across the summer sky. For spectacular natural fireworks, visit in mid-August during the Perseid meteor shower and watch shooting stars streak overhead.
- Wildflowers In spring, the hillsides explode in a patchwork of yellow, blue, pink, and white.
- Sunsets Twilight is a magical time here, especially during the winter, when the setting sun casts a golden glow on the mountains.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More