- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Furnace Creek Inn
At a Glance
- great views
- a far cry from roughing it
Furnace Creek Inn Review
This is Death Valley's most luxurious accommodations, going so far as to have valet parking. Built in 1927, this adobe-brick-and-stone lodge is nestled in one of the park's greenest oases. A warm mineral stream gurgles across the property, and its 85°F waters feed into a swimming pool. The rooms are decorated in earth tones, with tasteful furnishings. The top-notch Furnace Creek Inn Dining Room serves desert-theme dishes such as crispy cactus, as well as less exotic fare like cumin-lime shrimp, lamb, and New York strip steak. Afternoon tea has been a tradition since 1927.
- Address: Furnace Creek Village, near intersection of Hwy. 190 and Badwater Rd., Death Valley, CA | Map It
- Phone: 760/786–2345
- Website: www.furnacecreekresort.com
- Location: Death Valley National Park
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-May–mid-Oct.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
We are a family of 4 (2 boys, aged 10 & 8) coming to the US mid-March 2014, for 4wks. Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more