- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Furnace Creek Inn
At a Glance
- great views
- a far cry from roughing it
Check Rates from our Partners
Furnace Creek Inn Review
This is Death Valley's most luxurious accommodations, going so far as to have valet parking. Built in 1927, this adobe-brick-and-stone lodge is nestled in one of the park's greenest oases. A warm mineral stream gurgles across the property, and its 85°F waters feed into a swimming pool. The rooms are decorated in earth tones, with tasteful furnishings. The top-notch Furnace Creek Inn Dining Room serves desert-theme dishes such as crispy cactus, as well as less exotic fare like cumin-lime shrimp, lamb, and New York strip steak. Afternoon tea has been a tradition since 1927.
- Address: Furnace Creek Village, near intersection of Hwy. 190 and Badwater Rd., Death Valley, CA | Map It
- Phone: 760/786–2345
- Website: www.furnacecreekresort.com
- Location: Death Valley National Park
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-May–mid-Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
This appeared in today's Chron
Stu Dudley Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more