- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Furnace Creek Inn
At a Glance
- great views
- a far cry from roughing it
Check Rates from our Partners
Furnace Creek Inn Review
This is Death Valley's most luxurious accommodations, going so far as to have valet parking. Built in 1927, this adobe-brick-and-stone lodge is nestled in one of the park's greenest oases. A warm mineral stream gurgles across the property, and its 85°F waters feed into a swimming pool. The rooms are decorated in earth tones, with tasteful furnishings. The top-notch Furnace Creek Inn Dining Room serves desert-theme dishes such as crispy cactus, as well as less exotic fare like cumin-lime shrimp, lamb, and New York strip steak. Afternoon tea has been a tradition since 1927.
- Address: Furnace Creek Village, near intersection of Hwy. 190 and Badwater Rd., Death Valley, CA | Map It
- Phone: 760/786–2345
- Website: www.furnacecreekresort.com
- Location: Death Valley National Park
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-May–mid-Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I am looking for destination ideas for a birthday trip with my husband in July. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more