Golf in Death Valley National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Furnace Creek Golf Club. Play 9 or 18 holes at the lowest golf course in the world (214 feet below sea level). Its improbably green fairways are lined with date palms and tamarisk trees, and its level of difficulty is rated surprisingly high. The club rents clubs and carts, and there are golf packages available for Furnace Creek Ranch or Furnace Creek Inn guests. In winter, reservations are essential. Hwy. 190, Furnace Creek, CA, 92328. 760/786–2301. www.furnacecreekresort.com. $30–$60. Tee times 6–3:30; pro shop 6:30–5.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe