- Roving rocks Death Valley's Racetrack is home to moving boulders, an unexplained phenomenon that has scientists baffled.
- Lowest spot on the continent Stand on the lowest spot on the continent at Badwater, 282 feet below sea level.
- Wildflower explosion During the spring, this desert landscape is ablaze with greenery and colorful flowers, especially between Badwater and Ashford Mill.
- Ghost towns Death Valley is renowned for its Wild West heritage and is home to dozens of crumbling settlements including Ballarat, Cerro Gordo, Chloride City, Greenwater, Harrisburg, Keeler, Leadfield, Panamint City, Rhyolite, and Skidoo.
- Naturally amazing From canyons to sand dunes to salt flats and dry lake beds, Death Valley serves up plenty of geological treasures.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More