Island Packers and Truth Aquatics go from the mainland to all of the islands. Channel Islands Aviation flies solely to Santa Rosa Island.
Channel Islands Aviation. This company provides day excursions, surf fishing, and camper transportation year-round, flying from Camarillo Airport, about 10 miles southeast of Ventura, to an airstrip on Santa Rosa (25-minute flight). The operator will also pick up groups of eight or more at Santa Barbara Airport. 305 Durley Ave., Camarillo, CA, 93010. 805/987–1301. www.flycia.com. $160 per person half-day, $220 per person full-day, $300 per person if camping.
Island Packers. Sailing on high-speed catamarans from Ventura or a mono-hull vessel from Oxnard, Island Packers goes to Santa Cruz Island daily most of the year, weather permitting. The boats also go to Anacapa several days a week, and to the outer islands from late April through early November. They also cruise along Anacapa's north shore on three-hour wildlife tours (non-landing) several times a week. 3550 Harbor Blvd., Oxnard, CA, 93035. 805/642–1393. www.islandpackers.com. $36–$147. 1691 Spinnaker Dr., Ventura, 93001. 805/642–1393. www.islandpackers.com. $36–$147.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's