Channel Islands National Park includes five of the eight Channel Islands and the nautical mile of ocean that surrounds them. The islands range in size from 1-square-mi Santa Barbara to 96-square-mi Santa Cruz. Together they form a magnificent nature preserve with 145 endemic or unique species of plants and animals. Half the park lies underwater, and the 5 mi of surrounding channel waters are teeming with life, including dolphins, whales, seals, sea lions, and seabirds.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's