- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You'll need a car to get around Tucson and the surrounding area, and it makes sense to rent at the airport; all the major car-rental agencies are represented. To save a little on cost, Carefree Rent-a-Car, a local company, rents reliable used cars at good rates.
Driving time from the airport to the center of town varies, but it's usually less than a half hour; add 15 minutes to any destination during rush hours (7:30 am-9 am and 4:30 pm-6 pm). Parking isn't a problem in most parts of town, except near the university, where there are several pay lots.
Car Rental Contact
Carefree Rent-a-Car (6941 E. 22nd St., Eastside, Tucson, AZ, 85710. 520/790–2655.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's