- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This colorful and deservedly popular restaurant, a fixture in Nogales, Mexico since 1927, moved across the border and now serves delicious Sonoran classics in Tubac village. Try one of the five Chicken moles (a sauce using chocolate as its base), ranging from sweet to nutty to spicy, and you'll know why Chef Ruben has such a devoted following. Chiles rellenos, enchiladas, and heartier steak and fish selections don't disappoint either. Save room for the divine flan dessert, a creamier version of traditional Mexican custard with caramel sauce. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights adds festivity to this gem of an eatery in a quiet little town.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more