- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Tucson
Get close to the cacti: Unique to this region, the saguaro is the quintessential symbol of the Southwest. See them at Sabino Canyon and Saguaro National Park.
Enjoy Mexican food: Tucson boasts that it's the "Mexican Food Capital," and you won't be disappointed at any of the authentic restaurants.
Explore the Arizona–Sonora Desert Museum: Anyone who thinks that museums are boring hasn't been here, where you can learn about the region's animals, plants, and geology up close in a gorgeous, mostly outdoor setting.
Tour Mission San Xavier del Bac: The "White Dove of the Desert" is the oldest building in Tucson. Ornate carvings and frescoes inside add to the mystical quality of this active parish on the Tohono O'odham Reservation.
Stroll the U of A campus: Stop in at one of the five museums, then walk University Boulevard and 4th Avenue for a taste of Tucson's hipper element.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's