What to Pack
What to Pack
Thanks to extreme climates and Western informality, you can go almost anywhere in Arizona in a pair of jeans.
Bring layers for trips north or east, particularly when temperatures dip after the sun sets.
For formal dining, call ahead for attire requirements. In most places, a shirt and dress slacks will be more than sufficient.
Depending on your desired level of activity, you'll need to pack different gear: golf shoes, hiking boots, or flip-flops. Most golf courses offer club and golf-cart rentals, but plan on bringing your own shoes. If the slopes are your destination, you can rent all your ski or snowboard gear before hitting the lifts.
No matter your plans, be prepared with water, and hats and sunscreen for sun protection. The desert heat can be intense and quite deceptive.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe