Pack casual clothing and resort wear for a trip to Arizona. Stay cool in cotton fabrics and light colors. T-shirts, polo shirts, sundresses, and lightweight shorts, trousers, skirts, and blouses are useful year-round in all but the higher-elevation parts of the state, where cooler temperatures mandate warmer garb. Bring sun hats, swimsuits, sandals, and sunscreen—essential warm-weather items. Bring a sweater and a warm jacket in winter, necessary from November through April in the high country—anywhere around Flagstaff and in the White Mountains. And don't forget jeans and sneakers or sturdy walking shoes year-round.
Shipping Sporting Equipment
If you're driving here, lugging your gear isn't much of a hassle. But travelers arriving by plane may find hauling bags of clubs, mountain bikes, and skis a bit daunting. Sports Express specializes in shipping gear. The service isn't cheap, but it's highly reliable and convenient.
Sports Express (800/357–4174. www.sportsexpress.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's