- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Start your tour of this tiny town and pick up a free map at the visitor center. As you drive into Tombstone on U.S. 80, historic Allen Street parallels the highway one block west. The visitor center sits in the middle, on the corner of Allen and 4th Street. Park along any side street or at one of the free lots on 6th Street. There's a self-guided walking tour, but the best way to get the lay of the land is to take the 15-minute stagecoach ride ($10, $5 for kids) around downtown. Drivers, dressed in cowboy attire, relate a condensed version of Tombstone's notorious past. You'll also pass the Tombstone Courthouse and travel down Toughnut Street, once called Rotten Row—because of the lawyers who lived there.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe