In the western section, the Red Hills Visitor Center and two nearby nature trails are wheelchair accessible. The eastern district's visitor center is accessible, as is the paved Desert Ecology Trail.
Admission Fees and Permits
Admission is $10 per vehicle and $5 for individuals on foot or bicycle; it is good for seven days from purchase. Annual passes cost $25. For backcountry camping, obtain a required permit for $6 nightly per campsite from the Saguaro East Visitor Center up to two months in advance.
The park is open daily, 7 am to sunset. It's in the mountain time zone.
The park has no ATMs, but banks are found throughout Tucson.
Automobile Service Stations
Qwikmart (Golf Links Rd. and Harrison Rd., 3 mi northwest of Saguaro East, Tucson, AZ, 85730. 520/298–9120. Interstate 10 and Ina Rd., 8 mi northeast of Saguaro West, 85741.)
Cell-phone reception is generally good in the eastern district but is unreliable in the western district. The visitor centers have pay phones.
Park Contact Information
Saguaro National Park (3693 S. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ, 85730. 520/733–5158 Saguaro West; 520/733–5153 Saguaro East. www.nps.gov/sagu.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's