Horseback Riding in Saguaro National Park
More than 100 mi of trails in the park are open to use by livestock (mules, donkeys, and horses); however, animals are prohibited from off-trail travel and require a special permit, which can be obtained in person at one of the visitor centers or by mail. No grazing allowed in the park.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Pantano Riding Stables. This is a reliable operator of one- and two-hour rides on the far east side of town. 4450 S. Houghton Rd., Eastside, Tucson, AZ, 85748. 520/298–8980. www.horsingaroundarizona.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe