Saguaro National Park Travel Guide
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
Standing sentinel in the desert, the towering saguaro is perhaps the most familiar emblem of the Southwest. Known for their height (often 50 feet) and arms reaching out in weird configurations, these slow-growing giants can take 15 years to grow a foot high and up to 75 years to grow their first arm. They are found only in the Sonoran Desert, and the largest concentration is in Saguaro National Park. In late spring (usually May), the succulent's top is covered with tiny white blooms—the Arizona state flower.
Things To Do in Saguaro National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $71 -- Weekends at Tucson Hotel, Save 25% Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
- $89 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 60% Off The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- $79 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off — $79 Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
- $105 & up -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 40% — $105 The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi Fodor's Forums!
I would appreciate advice for our itinerary plans for our holiday to California and Arizona August 2014.
Yes I know Arizona will be HOT but we have no choice but go then due to our kid's Read more