- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxi fares are unregulated in Phoenix, except at the airport. The 800-square-mile metro area is so large that one-way fares in excess of $50 are not uncommon. Except within a compact area, travel by taxi isn't recommended. Taxis charge about $3 for the first mile and $2 per mile thereafter, not including tips.
Checker/Yellow Cab (480/888-8888. www.aaayellowaz.com.)
Courier Cab (602/232–2222.)
Clean Air Cab (480/777-97777. www.cleanaircab.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's