- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To get around Phoenix, you will need a car. Only the major downtown areas (Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe) are pedestrian-friendly. Don't expect to nab a rental car without a reservation, especially from January to April.
Roads in Phoenix and its suburbs are laid out on an 800-square-mile grid. Grand Avenue, running 20 miles from Downtown to Sun City, is the only diagonal. Central Avenue is the main north-south grid axis: all roads parallel to and west of Central are numbered avenues; all roads parallel to and east of Central are numbered streets. The numbering begins at Central and increases in each direction.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's