Phoenix Zoo Review
Four designated trails wind through this 125-acre zoo, replicating such habitats as an African savanna and a tropical rain forest. Meerkats, warthogs, desert bighorn sheep, and the endangered Arabian oryx are among the unusual sights. The Forest of Uco is home to the endangered spectacled bear from South America. Harmony Farm introduces youngsters to small mammals, and a stop at the Big Red Barn petting zoo provides a chance to interact with goats, cows, and more. In December the zoo stays open late (6–10 pm) for the popular "ZooLights" exhibit that transforms the area into an enchanted forest of more than 225 million twinkling lights, many in the shape of the zoo's residents. Starry Safari Friday Nights in summer are fun, too.
- Address: 455 N. Galvin Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ, 85008 | Map It
- Phone: 602/273–1341
- Cost: $20
- Hours: Hrs vary by month and weather. Check website for details. Generally, Sept.–May, daily 9–4; June–Aug., daily 7–2. ZooLights extends holiday hrs until 10.
- Website: www.phoenixzoo.org
- Location: Greater Phoenix
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
GRAND CANYON RIVER RAFTING NOTES May, 2014 These are a few impressions from my recent (Early May, 2014) rafting trip in the Grand Can... Read more
Link to my photos http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0IatW7FqybsWt3 Sorry---Lots of food pics Even though our quick week... Read more