Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe Restaurant Reviews
Phoenix and its surroundings have metamorphosed into a melting pot for every type of cuisine imaginable, from northern to Tuscan Italian; from mom-and-pop to Mexico City Mexican; from low-key Cuban to high-end French- and Greek-inspired Southwestern; from Japanese- and Spanish-style tapas to kosher food and American classics with subtle ethnic twists.
Just as the Valley of the Sun has attracted visitors from around the world, it has also been attracting a record number of worldly residents. Fortunately for everyone, many of those people are skilled chefs and/or restaurateurs who have opted to share their gifts with the public.
Eateries like La Grande Orange grocery are revolutionizing Phoenix's "fast-food" concept with gourmet pay-and-take meals. Four-star cuisine, some concocted by celebrity chefs, also awaits all over the Valley, from Kai in Chandler to Scottsdale's Bourbon Steak, along with Binkley's and Café Bink in Carefree. Dotted with massive strip malls, Phoenix's outskirts are becoming a haven of corporate eateries, but don't worry, there's plenty of divine, independent dining for all tastes and all trends in between.
Many of the best restaurants in the Valley are in resorts, camouflaged behind courtyard walls, or tucked away in shopping malls. Newer, upscale eateries are clustered along Camelback Corridor—a veritable restaurant row, running west to east from Phoenix to Scottsdale—and in Scottsdale itself. Great Mexican food can be found throughout the Valley, but the most authentic spots are in the neighborhoods of North Central and South Phoenix.
Restaurants change hours, locations, chefs, prices, and menus frequently, so it's best to call ahead to confirm. Show up without a reservation during tourist season (October through mid-May), and you may have to head for a fast-food drive-through window to avoid a two-hour wait for a table.
Browse Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Arizona: Weekends at Hillside Tempe Hotel, Reg. $169 Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
- $89 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 60% Off The Westin Phoenix Downtown
- $106-$114 -- Phoenix 4-Star Resort, 30% Off — $106-$114 Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $105 & up -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort, Save 40% — $105 The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $79-$100 -- Scottsdale: Old Town Boutique Hotel at 50% Off — $79-$100 Hotel Indigo Scottsdale